Wednesday, June 19, 2019

narsarsuaq

19June

Narsarsuaq has been ok so far. i've been in my room for half of the day. well to my credit i did try to hike but the flies, mosquitoes and cramps really got to me so i gave up when i saw the glacier halfway thru. I was really glad I didn’t have to buy any food though. The supermarket didn’t really have anything legit cept for some greens. I guess I could’ve made something or had an excuse to go out for dinner at the hotel.

I did learn something new from one of the staff in the morning when the radio didn’t work after a while. She told me about the polar bear sightings nearby during winter and that yesterday when they were sailing they saw a whale breach. And how the Greenlandic language sounded like the inuits in Canada. And how those in the south east side of Greenland looked more Viking while the rest look Asian. In the meantime, I spent pretty much most of the day in the hostel watching shows n chilling out and playing the brainless hp game. I could’ve read abit but wasn’t really in the mood to continue, and I miss you a lot. Esp since I’m so used to having ard to hug me when I have cramps. The power of physical touch. Meh. I did have the thought of flying to Canada cause that’s where the closest family is. And I also had the thought of bringing the electric racket for the insects. I would’ve derived great satisfaction from using it. Im undecided if I should spend so much on data tomorrow though. In fact the host did say he had internet so prolly I should go with that.

No comments: